ATI released updated drivers for its Radeon 9500 and higher video cards and tv tuner cards based on the Theater 550/660 chipset.
For those of you using Windows XP Media Center 2005, these drivers should be useful to you.
Direct links to the download pages are available here.
- Catalyst 6.10 Windows XP Media Center Edition - Driver Download
- THEATER 550/650 PRO TV Tuner Drivers - 18.104.22.168
Among the main features of the Catalyst 6.10 drivers include
- New Product Software Driver Support (Radeon x1300XT, x1650 Pro, x1950XTX
- HDR + Anti-Aliasing support for The Elder Scrolls Oblivion
- Performance Increases - In this release of Catalyst® Intel 965 Crossfire performance increases due to improvements of the Crossfire D3D driver in handling large vertex meshes. Gains of 6.7-15.8% can be seen in 3DMark2006, 9.7-10.5% in 3DMark2005 and 3DMark2003 performance improves as much as 7.1%.
One Media Center related fix is the following:
Display corruption is no longer noticed when switching between normal screen and full screen mode when viewing either a video or a picture slide show under the Windows Media Center Edition operating system using the Media Center application.
Additional updates can be found at the release notes link at the above Driver download link.
Media Center, ATI, Microsoft, technology