For those of you having issues with the Hauppauge PVR 150/500 (aka Amity based) tv tuner cards, there is a new set of drivers you can try, especially if you are beta testing Windows Vista (but it'll also work with Windows XP and even Windows 2000 if you are using the tuner cards on those operating systems). This product, which is a popular choice for those who use Media Center, is now up to version 126.96.36.19958.
Among the fixes since its last general release (188.8.131.5203 or the pre-release 184.108.40.20608 versions) are the following:
Driver Release 220.127.116.1158 (09/15/06)
- Fixed possible bluescreen on PNP Stress Tests.
- Passes Vista RC1 DTM.
Driver Release 18.104.22.16827.PreRelease (08/15/06)
- Fixed potential muted FM audio issue introduced in 24201.
Driver Release 22.214.171.12405.PreRelease (07/24/06)
- Fixed bluescreen on S3 (and possibly shutdown) introduced in 24201.
Driver Release 126.96.36.19901.PreRelease (07/20/06)
- CCInDVD Support.
- Optional firmware load delays.
- Fixed obscure, unlikely (and unreported) but potential bluescreen issue.
Driver Release 188.8.131.5208.PreRelease (04/18/06)
- The joyous return of Win2k support!
- Improved DMA support for 64bit Operating Systems.
This latest version of drivers is available from Hauppauge enthuasist site ftp.shspvr.com. Here is a direct link to the latest version of drivers for the PVR 150/500.
Hauppauge, Media Center, Vista, drivers, technology