ATI released updated drivers for its Radeon 9500 and higher video cards and tv tuner cards based on the Theater 550/660 chipset.
For those of you using Windows XP Media Center 2005, these drivers should be useful to you.
Direct links to the download pages are available here.
- Catalyst 6.11 Windows XP Media Center Edition - Driver Download
- THEATER 550/650 PRO TV Tuner Drivers - 126.96.36.199
Among the main features of the Catalyst 6.11 drivers include
- Fixes so that 3DMark03, PCMark05, Rome: Total War, Rush For Berlin, Tomb Raider Legend and Window-Eyes Professional v5.0 work better in certain scenarios.
- Plugging a TV into s-video out connector, followed by entering to display manager and clicking detect displays no longer results in the TV failing to be detected.
- Using the Uninstall Utility to remove the display driver or Catalyst Control Center no longer results in portions of third party applications also being uninstalled.
- Performance Increases - A performance increase is noticed in Call of Duty 2. Performance improves as much as 12.5% at 19x12 settings and as much as 10.5% at 12x10 settings on X1900 Software Crossfire configurations. Largest gains seen with 4xAA enabled.
One Media Center related fix is the following:
Connecting two display devices on a system running the Windows MCE operating system and enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in display corruption being noticed when dragging and placing a window between the two display devices.
Additional updates can be found at the release notes link at the above Driver download link.
Media Center, ATI, Microsoft, technology