ATI has released the Catalyst 7.4 drivers for Windows XP and Vista. For all the details, see the ATI Catalyst Software Suite Version 7.4 readme file.
This release of Catalyst introduces the Avivo Video Converter for the Vista (32-bit) operating system. The Avivo Video Converter is a tool that provides a quick and easy way of converting videos from one format to another. The Avivo Video Converter found within the Catalyst Control Center accepts a wide variety of file formats as a source, and outputs to file formats such as MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/DivX, WMA, H.264/AVC and more.
OpenGL performance under the Microsoft Vista operating system improves for all Radeon X1000 series of products, in both single card and hardware CrossFire configurations. Typical Improvements of 15% or more can be seen in games such as Doom 3, Quake 4 and Prey, with enthusiast class of products seeing improvements of 30% or more.
Media Center specific fixes include:
- Attempting to run TV in the Windows Vista media center no longer results in the operating system rebooting. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26748
- Choppy playback of media previews and captured files is no longer noticed in the media center and movie maker after applying WMP 11 update. This issue may also be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25807
Here are download links, please pick the appropriate operating system:
- Windows XP Professional/Home
- Windows XP Professional x64
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows Vista 32 bit
- Windows Vista 64 bit
Catalyst 7.4 does not support Radeon X1600 Pro with HDMI, please continue to use Catalyst 7.3.