Here's some Ride for Heart numbers for me (perhaps more for my own records, but if anyone is interested...):
- Start to Finish time (50 km) - 1h 47m 39s (~ 27.86 km/h average speed);
- Time spent waiting for parking - 7:13 am until 7:54 am (41 minutes);
- Start to Gardiner/DVP ramp (approx 7.2 km)- 15m 07s (~28.7 km/h average speed);
- Start to York Mills (25 km) - 57m 30s (~ 26.0 km/h average speed);
- York Mills to Finish (25 km) - 50m 9s (~ 30.0 km/h average speed);
- Maximum recorded speed - 48.1 km/h;
- Total number of pedal rotations - ~6260 +/- 10;
- Total Donations - $240 ($175 online, $65 offline); and,
- Team Members (including myself) - 11 (10 bikers, 1 rollerblader).
Based on these numbers, I don't understand how I did the second half of the ride about 2 minutes slower than in 2006, especially since Warren and I were clipping in the high 30 km/h range on the Gardiner (at times, we were even maintaining 40-41 km/h). Despite this, I was happy that I made it to York Mills about 15 minutes faster than last year. Looking ahead to next year, I hope to improve my time to at least the 1h 40m mark, and perhaps even get it closer to 1h 35m. Alternatively, I might try the 75 km route.
Heart and Stroke Foundation, Ride for Heart, Toronto, cycling