Updates for Media Center for Windows Vista and Media Center TVPack for Windows Vista (KB959485 and KB957209) released on December 4, 2008
Microsoft released the Update for Media Center for Vista (KB959485) and the Update for Media Center TV Pack for Windows Vista (KB957209). After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
For complete listing of issues resolved by these updates, please see the following lists.
- Addresses an issue introduced in the October 2008 Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB955519) where on systems with digital cable card tuners, back to back recordings would not record properly. The first recorded TV show plays back correctly. However, the second recorded TV show plays back only audio.
- Addresses an issue where Media Center crashes after you replace a TV tuner.
- Addresses an issue where the guide data in Media Center stops downloading.
- Addresses an issue where recordings on systems that have in-band schedule data are split into multiple recordings.
- Addresses an issue where scheduled recordings disappear from Media Center.
- Update for Media Center TVPack for Windows Vista, 32-bit versions
- Update for Media Center TVPack for Windows Vista, 64-bit versions
Note that these updates are not intended to be cumulative updates; however, these fixes will be included in a future cumulative update.
December 5 Update - amended blog entry to reflect the fact that these updates are not cumulative updates.