I have a copy of Microsoft's Windows Home Server (software only) that I don't need, so I figured the best way to give it away would be to someone who has been following my blog. Just leave a comment on my blog, with some way for me to reach you, and I'll randomly pick one person on January 15, 2009 to send it to. I will happily pay for shipping, but the recipient will be responsible for any duty/tax charges if they are applicable (I will be shipping from Canada).
What is Windows Home Server?
Windows Home Serverhelps you centralize and connect your digital "stuff," enabling you to share, store, access ad automatically help protect your most important pictures, videos, music and files.
- Provides you with peace of mind by automatically backing up your home computers and your important files every night, making it easy to restore an entire home computer or just a file to a previous point in time.
- Creates centralized storage for your photos, music, home videos, and documents.
- Enables you to easily and more securely access your files and personal computers from inside and outside your home.
- Centrally monitors the health of your home computers running Windows XP and Windows Vista to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Easily expand the storage of your home server by adding additional internal or external hard drives of any size.
- Use Xbox 360 or other Windows Media Connect-supported devices to enjoy digital media stored on your Windows Home Server.
For more information, visit Microsoft's Windows Home Server page.